Thursday 30 October 2014

Maisie-German Town

You don't have to go to Germany to experience what a real German town is like! Yesterday we went to Hahndorf which is the first town set up for non-British people. Of cause British people live there now but there is still a lot of original buildings. It was interesting learning about the history of the town and everything. The captain of the voyage was Captain Dirk Hahn and 'dorf' in German means village or town so the people named the town after the captain. 
I would love to live in Hahndorf because it is so neat and pretty. I saw some of the biggest roses I had ever seen in my life! I have noticed there are a lot of flowers in SA. 
Today we went into Adelaide and did some shopping and caught up with Anna. Anna gave mum a home cooked meal and mum went on and on and on about the meal and even made dad get a photo of her and Anna and the home cooked meal! I can't believe adults get so excited over vegetables! I can't wait until I am an adult so I can make my own food.
Ps- Notice anything different about the photo below ( I got my ears pieced in Adelaide as part of my birthday present!)
  

4 comments:

  1. We thought Hahndorf was a pretty town too Maisie.
    How exciting getting your ears pierced. Did it hurt?
    X Nannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My question Maisie is how much time did your mum spend in the Birkenstock shop?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have to speak German in Germantown?

    ReplyDelete